Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Little Apprentice!

When we first arrived in our new residence, we had to get things up and running. First we purchased this beautiful new desk/hutch unit, because we had been using a built-in desk that I built in our last home, and of course it had to stay behind.

Secondly, our ancient monitor had to be replaced, because the new desk, although it was beautiful, was not big enough to accommodate the old monitor that was as big as a car almost.

Next, we needed to get our internet set up.

So when we bought the desk, I stayed up late, late, late putting it together. Then we stuck our pretty, little monitor screen in it and we were happy. The internet had to wait a few days though for the changes to take place. Well, when they finally did make the change over, we had to find a jack that was live with internet service, because I think our house was once equipped with more than one phone line, and not all of them were live.

Here in these photos, I am checking out the jack that is under the new desk. Well, Bear Bear wanted to get a piece of that action, because after all, it did involve tools, and he is MY son, and tools are one of my favorite things, in much the same way that Maria's (The Sound of Music) favorite things were "rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm whoolen mittens".

So there I am laying belly down on the floor under the desk, and Bear Bear starts burrowing his way in like a tick trying to embed himself under my skin. It was very funny to experience. Once he could see what I was doing, he just lay there, up on his elbows, with his little jaw in his hands, watching me work.

He's my faithful little apprentice!




"Whatcha doin' Dad?"



"Aw come on Dad, let me get in there and see!"



"Hi Daddy! Can I help?"

1 comment: