As the mailman left to continue his route, the little pup looked for the next person to latch onto as a companion. That would be my neighbor across the street who was driving down the street in his pickup. The little tike stepped right out into the road and stood there, almost as if to dare him to try to get by. The neighbor had to actually get out of his truck and try to get the dog to move out of the way. When he did, the dog tried, in vain, to jump up into the cab of the truck. Eventually the neighbor was able to "get away" and the little guy was back to searching for a new companion.
The next thing I knew he was under my feet. I didn't really mind though. He was cute and playful, but after awhile he was just in the way. So I made a littel harness for him and tied him up so he could watch while I worked. He stayed with me all day. After asking around to see if any of the neighbors knew who he belonged to, I learned that he belonged to nobody.
Well, our lease said that we could not have any dogs, and I would not have kept him anyway, as he was full bread pitbull. So I enquired around and found out where the humane society was. When i got there, I found out that they were full, and couldn't take him. My only other option was to take him to animal control. but first we had to go to the store. So we did, and were gone for a good three hours. When we pulled up, there he was, sitting in the yard waiting on us. Faithful little bugger, I tell ya!
Soon the neighbor from a few doors down came and took him, because she couldn't bear the thought of him going to animal control, because they only keep them for 48 hours, before they will put the animal down.
So she saved the day I guess, but it was fun to have him as a welcoming party for a day. I called him "SpitSpot". Take a peek at how cute he was.

No comments:
Post a Comment