Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Suitable Family Mascot !!


Hello everyone!

Any family that has a blog, really must have an official mascot. This is ours. He has yet to be officially endowed with a name yet, but I'm personally thinking that something a bit sarcastic and ironic would be appropriate-- something like "Killer", or "Zippy" or "Garfield".

I love this photo, and could not believe my eyes when I saw it. At first I thought he must be dead. But upon further and closer inspection, I could see he was just needing to take a breather between courses. At that moment I could totally identify with him!! :-)

So I got to thinking. A squirrel. A squirrel is appropriate for our family as a mascot for many reasons. Here are a few.

1. Bunny is like a squirrel in the way she runs around and climbs all over things.
2. The word for squirrel in German is Eichhornchen (pronounced eye-shurn-shin), and was one of the first that Bunny learned to pronounce
3. Bear-Bear can eat like one, hand over fist, stuffing things in.
4. Bunny hides things the way squirrels do-- by burying them!
5. The ZooKeeper works like a squirrel, always zipping around the house.
6. The Head Trainer is probably the one that this squirrel got his pose from in this picture.

I'm sure there are a few other similarities, but I just thought I would show you this remarkable photo that was taken, right here in our own little back yard!

Have a nice Nap!
Zzzzzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment