
Bear Bear being held by Momma when he was first born.

Bear Bear being held by Daddy soon after he first came home from hospital

Bunny holds Bear Bear very soon after he was born

Bear Bear, perhaps on a "field trip" (see description below)

Bear Bear was not feeling well in this pic. He was running a fever, and fell asleep on my lap while I worked on the computer
I have some strange and peculiar hobbies. For example I like to collect, sort and organize random pieces of hardware (like nuts and bolts, etc) that I find lying around. I have even been known to stop at the curb side and strip a dresser of all its hardware and leave the dresser! I also like to watch spiders spin their webs. So like I said, I have some strange hobbies and pastimes.
But one of my favorite things to do is to watch babies, children, and even my wife while they are sound asleep. I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it is perfectly quiet and peaceful. If I am lucky, I can hear them breathe. If I am really lucky (and this has only happened once, with Bunny) I can hear them talk in their sleep.
I think it also has something to do with the fact that I really believe that children get to "check in" with heaven from time to time while they sleep. I mean really. Obviously, (at least I believe this to be true) they came from the presence of God. Well, I believe that in their early childhood, they get to have "field trips" for lack of another term, back to heaven for short little visits. I base this mostly on a hunch, but also because many times, as I have been rocking them to sleep, they will be looking with great intensity just beyond me, and smiling and giggling at what, to me, appears to be just a wall. My wife has also experienced this while nursing the little ones.
Also on numerous occasions I will ask Bunny, "Did you sleep well?" and she will say, "Yes". Then I ask, "What did you dream about?" and she will answer, without hesitation, "Jesus". Anyhow, I thought you might enjoy seeing a few pictures of the little Bear-Bear when he is slumbering and perhaps "away in a far-off, but familiar place". As soon as I can locate some of Bunny I will add them to this post.
Please whisper so as to not wake the adorable little critter!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment