Friday, March 20, 2009

"Into the Wild!"


Hi There!

For those of you who know our family, you won't be surprised by the title of our family blog--MOORE LIKE A ZOO!!.

For those who have ever spent any time in our home at sunrise or dusk, when the younglings are at there "best", you will probably get a chuckle out of this!

From day one almost, we referred to our firstborn daughter (born July 28, 2005) as "Bunny", a name which will always be dear to my heart. It has no real traditional significance per se. I selected that name because when she was born, I remembered back to when a good friend of mine used to hold his first born daughter--"Birdie". I just loved that, and so I needed to follow suit, but of course could not use that particular name--hence the name "Bunny" was born. Ever since then, she has been learning songs about bunnies, reading books about bunnies, visiting bunnies at the zoos, and collecting the largest ensemble of stuffed bunnies known to man. She has since grown out of that name a bit, but I always like to refer to her as such. She protests it sometimes, but I just tell her, "you'll always be my little bunny".

In keeping with tradition, we had to also come up with a cute nickname for our first born son (born February 5, 2008). He became our little "Bear-Bear", which, now that we observe him and his little quirks, is totally appropriate for him. He was a big baby when he was born (his head circumference was 14.5 inches!), but has been sweet, sweet, sweet ever since. He is a cuddly little tike, and loves especially to be held by his Mommy ("The Zookeeper"). He is now almost 14 months old, and so he is starting to get around on his "hind legs", but when he does, even his waddle across the floor resembles a bear reared up to protect its cubs, and don't think for a second that his cry couldn't scare off a real grizzly....his lungs work just fine!

As for my wife, "The Zookeeper", well all of you mothers will understand immediately the significance of that title. But just in case you have always been a "city dweller", I'll explain. She gets that high and honorable title because she is the one that makes sure that the habitat is suitable for all occasions, that the "wildlife" are protected from dangers, and are given their feedings at appropriate times, and put in their cages (cribs) each night before the temperatures drop, and that there are plenty of opportunities for the "critters" to frolic and play with one another. Without "The Zookeeper", it would be a jungle around here.

Then there is me. I am "The Head Trainer". For those who know that I am, by trade, a Certified Athletic Trainer, a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, and a Coach/Instructor of sorts, you will find that amusing as well. For those that didn't know that about me, well.....now you do! My job is to keep the "Critters" in line. I am the one to teach them new tricks, some of which "The Zookeeper" doesn't appreciate, and to make sure they don't bite any of the patrons that come to "The ZOO" to see them.

All in all, it is a real adventure here. Feel free to drop in and see what the latest attractions include!

Later Gator!

"The Head Trainer"

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!!
    And I love the name of the blog!! Very clever play on words. But I totally know the feeling.
    You might remember the sign we used to have on our front door that said "Welcome to Grand Central Station". I took it down when we were painting. I need to find it. It should still be there, not just as a matter of honesty and disclosure, but to warn the general public. :)

    ReplyDelete