Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bear Bear Gets His Football Cake!

Well, I know this is late in coming. Don't lecture me. I've been busy fielding ground balls for Bear Bear! But YES, Bear Bear did have his 2nd birthday on February 5th, and NO, we didn't forget about it. It has just taken me this long to sit down and blog about it, because, well, I have a two-year-old, and if you have one or have ever had one yourself, then you don't need any more explanation than that, and if you haven't yet had a two-year-old, then when you do, you will fully understand.

Anyway, somewhere along the line, Bear Bear found out that we were going to be getting an ice cream cake that was shaped like a football, and so he kept asking everyday if he was going to have cake.

At least two celebrations happened for his birthday. One was the day of, right after his midday nap, with just his mother and sissy and I, another that afternoon with his mother, sissy and his "Tante Livia" (which is German for aunt Livia, who btw he pronounces as "Leah"), who drove in just for that occasion, and another several weeks later when we were back home in KC with the family at Nee Nee's and PaPa's house.

So this was the set up for the "after-nap" surprise. This is when he officially learned that it was time to celebrate. Bear Bear was hibernating with no signs of awakening anytime soon, so we had to go in and wake him.



So here is the little guy once he woke up and understood what all the singing was about.



First thing he did was pounce on that Elmo who had been guarding the loot! He loves Elmo!



Next thing that happened was that Sissy wanted to be a helper. I think he was happy for the help at this point, because packages are always so complicated to rip open you know! NOT! Together, they made quick work of the paper and had the treasure uncovered!



After that, we had to put together his little ball-shooter-up thingamajig! That is where baldy comes in!



But once a toy is up and runnin', it is just a matter of keeping up with it. So Sissy's job was to retrieve the balls for him.



Bear Bear loves balls! All kinds, all shapes, all colors!



And this picture.....well, it is just because he looks exceptionally cute in the hat that his PaPa (grandpa) gave him, which hat, was worn by Bear Bear's great grandpa Everett when he was knee-high to a spit shine! I just had to throw that picture in!



And then there is nothing like CAKE! Especially like the kind you have anticipated for a week or more. I didn't get any, because I was at work when they did that part. Can you believe it! Anyway, I HEARD it was pretty tasty!







And lastly, there is nothing like having a truck.....exce[t having a truck given to you. For his second birthday, Bear Bear chose for himself.....a garbage truck! What do you suppose he is thinking?



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAMP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see Grit in a picture (I know she's usually taking the pictures!). Good to see Livia too -- it's been a long time! Those 2 still look like sisters =) Had no idea Livia was married -- when did that happen?

    ReplyDelete