Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Cheater!

Kansas City enjoyed a nice rain shower on Easter Sunday this year. Not uncommon for our region actually.

We had a get-together with the family so that the kids could "run and play" and search for "Bunny droppings" (who knew that bunnies and chickens could lay eggs?).

We were the first to arrive at NeeNee's (that's my Mom's "grandma name") house for the egg hunt. When we walked in the house, Bunny (that is in reference to our daughter in this case, not THE Easter Bunny) immediately started spotting all the "goods" that had been deposited throughout the house. So she ran about taking an inventory of where everything was, so that when it came time for the hunt, she could have the upper hand over her much older, boy cousins, who by the way, would have been delighted to just watch her and Bear Bear find all the eggs. When I accused her of cheating, she happily took credit for doing so, and kept running around the house saying, cheerfully, "Mommy! I'm cheating!". It was hilarious. Bear Bear, on the other hand, was just his ole normal farmer self (when you see the pics below, you will understand).

I was a bit frustrated that my camera was not fast enough to capture all the candid expressions on their faces with each discovery.

But below I have included a few of my favorites from the get together.

We did have a wonderful week of build up though, wherein we spent much time talking to Bunny about the reason for the holiday (the Resurrection) and its significance in our life. She is a smart little learner, and we even memorized a pretty little Easter song. If I can ever get the four of us to sing it right, on video, I will add it to this post at a later time.

Happy Easter to you and yours!


Bunny loads up after a long winter hybernation from chocolates!


Bunny enjoys her harvest right away!


Can someone please tell me where the Easter Bunny is?


Howdy Partner!
























Smile for your fans!

1 comment: