Independence Day 2010 Flashback!
We had lived in Springfield Missouri for nearly a year when we were invited to go to the big anual Independence Day barbeque picnic at the Duncan's (some friends from church who live on top of a beautiful hill just outside of the city limits).
We had our blanket spread out on the ground and the kids were busy running around having tons of fun. When it came time for the sun to set and for the fireworks to begin, everyone migrated to their spot on the hill to sit with their families.
Allissa and I were holding down our blanket and waiting for the light show to begin when Allissa's friend Kara Sargent came over and asked if she could sit down. I was in a bit of a comical mood that evening and thought I should take advantage of the fact that this little 7 year old friend didn't know much about my sense of humor. So when she asked if she could sit down on our blanket with us, I replied, "Sure you can! Just be careful not to sit on the frog!"
Kara started squinting, straining and searching to see the frog, and then in utter exasperation, and with the most bewildered look on her face, she said, "What frog?" To that, Allissa just rolled her eyes back in her head and said, matter-of-factly, "Oh, Kara, just go ahead and sit down...........my Dad is just crazy!"

No comments:
Post a Comment